Currently, our network devices use Linux network protocol stack. Unfortunately, its current implementation has a performance bottleneck due to the involvement of the kernel, which includes the cost of mode switches and address space changes. Some companies use VPP or other solutions running in Linux userspace to solve this problem, but they don’t demonstrate good performance for certain protocols. We are going to solve this by making a custom implementation of microkernel stateful network stack. It will also run in userspace, but would allow “state of the stack” to be externally managed, allowing quick and seamless integration of new algorithms.
We expect you:
• To be a hands-on C/C++ programmer
• To know how to optimize network protocol stack (like TCP/IP)
• To understand Linux kernel internals
• To demonstrate us your own clean C/C++ code
• To speak English fluently (intermediate is OK too)
• To be ready to work full-time (5x8) in our office
You will get:
• Competitive monthly salary (plus annual and milestone bonuses)
• All social benefits, including 28 days annual paid vacation, etc.
• Challenging tasks and details-oriented management
• An opportunity to become a known open source contributor
• A limitless career path in a Fortune-100 company
Get ready to share this data with us:
1) years of experience (and company names); 2) education degree (BSc, MSc, PhD, etc.); 3) h-index; 4) books; 5) patents; 6) open source projects; 7) GitHub followers; 8) industry certifications; 9) English level; 10) StackOverflow reputation; 11) blogs and vlogs; 12) non-for-profit activities; 13) public speaking experience; 14) Twitter followers.